The dancer has deeply explored her inner self, over-coming her addictions and obsessions through uncovering and expressing her own path, her dance. The inner expert takes these explorations to a much deeper level, fearlessly delving into her deepest and darkest inner regions and bringing the light of awareness to them. She is active in the outer world, firmly taking control and leading where it helps others out of their own darkness. As a Track 2, she is focused on her exploration of the inner self. However her attention has expanded to include a deep awareness of others.
Below you can find the light- and shadow-side characteristics of the B2f archetype.
- Level: B, developing and expressing your truest self
- Track: 2, exploring the inner world
- Ideal Partner: her ideal partner is the B2m - The Wise Observer
- Comes from: this is the progressed A2f - The Dancer
- Leads to: When fully encompassed, she moves to the C2 - The Inner World Master
- Example: Elfpath's Katherine
Know yourself. Bring the light of awareness to your deepest and darkest places and you can do anything.
Think of Elfpath's Katherine and the passion and intensity with which she pounces on those who need help. While she is still a young version of this LPA, she is rapidly growing into it. Oprah Winfrey, will not completely light side, might also be an example.
To fully encompass the light side of this archetype, it's necessary to encompass all of the items in this list and to be comfortable with all of the items in B2m - The Wise Observer. As you develop these items, all of the characteristics of the A2f - The Dancer, A2m - The Professor and the A0 - The Holy Child must continue to grow stronger to provide a solid base for these.
Like all B level LPAs, she pays more attention to fundamentals than to the surface. Because of this awareness, her actions don't always make sense to the younger ones but are usually correct
- • She is extremely mature and stable
- • Fearless, she is intimidated by nothing.
- • Deeply aware of her own shadow, and of the wisdom and power that come from bringing it into the light
- • She explores the most hidden paths within
- • She seeks within the deepest and darkest to find the highest potential
- • She is deeply wise, amazingly gentle, and unyieldingly strong from these explorations
- • Empathic, understanding and hugely compassionate
- • She cares little about clothes, money, social status. She's aware of these things, but is not controlled by them.
- • She cares far more about people, emotions, and relationships than things of the physical world.
- • She uses these things to explore, interpret and explain the spiritual
- • Openly sexual, she recognizes sex as an expressing of the sacred and a way to touch and heal the deepest parts of herself and others
- • Intensely honest, integrity is absolutely fundamental to her
- • She refuses to allow secrets, lies, or deceptions in even the smallest things
- • She has fully tamed the beast within
- • She has no bigotry or prejudice and tolerates none from others
- • Her self exploration has made her almost impossible to intimidate.
- • As a result, she is extremely dominant.
- • Her own experience of the inner darkness has made her very aware of others. So, even though she is very dominant, she rarely tries to control.
- • She uses that dominance only to set people free from the things within which enslave them.
- • She places a very high value on freedom and personal choice
- • Highly skilled with those caught in addiction or obsession
- • Recognizes the darkness in others and can lead them our of it and back to themselves.
- • While the dancer was focused on her dance and often unaware of others, the inner expert is deeply aware of others, compassionate, and seeks to teach, guide, help.
- • She is active in the outer world. In essence, while the B3f is exploring inward, the more mature A3f inside is taking all she explored within and pointing it outward.
- • She guides others from her own experience and by example, not just by words.
- • She feels that the only real value comes from within
- • Good at holding a big picture awareness and still focusing on tiny individual threads
- • She uses her deep understanding of herself and of humanity to create powerful and beautiful poetry, art, music, etc.
- • She easily sees through illusion or deception
- • She is generally quiet and calm but can be startlingly loud or intense when needed to help others.
Like all B level LPAs, she is heart-centered, compassionate, loving. All her decisions come from the heart. Like all B level LPAs, she teaches others of her characteristics as she learns them.
Think of Shelob, the "eater of light," the giant evil spider in The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion.
The shadow side of this archetype can show any or all of the characteristics in the following list, any or all of those from A2f - The Dancer and all of those from still out-of-balance A0 - The Holy Child.
- • The worst of the female energies, manipulative, cruel, vampiric, deceptive, spreading lies and mistrust, etc
- • She cares about nothing but her obsessions
- • Cruel, childish and self-absorbed
- • Terrified of her own inner pieces and by others, she points that terror outward as violence, control, domination, abuse, ...
- • She is deeply caught in her own darkness, but will deny it and refuse to look at it
- • Feeling helpless in the face of her obsessions, she seeks always to prove how strong she is, to steal more strength, and to manipulate others into serving her
- • Intimidated by those with a bigger bark or stronger dominance, will hide behind her walls or flee entirely when scared. She is a coward
- • She is convinced her darkness is deeply ugly, something to be ashamed of. She hides in the shadows and wears masks to seem beautiful, powerful
- • She is obsessed with appearance and the trappings of it: clothes, money, social status, etc.
- • Craves more for herself, including material things, status and power over others. Hoards them in order to feel safe
- • Easily taken over by her own hungers and hidden desires, she will endulge rather than control herself
- • Bitter, disgusted, and resentful, controlling toward other people
- • Manipulative, enjoys weaving deceptions and traps for others to fall into
- • Has no integrity. Constantly lies to others, but especially to herself
- • Her contempt for others (but really for herself) makes her dismissive of their choices. She sees her own judgement as much superior
- • Enjoys destoying people's beliefs and taking their stability away with her criticisms and cruelty
- • Once comfortable in an area, will refuse to move
- • Haughty, dismissive of anything but the physical, and power within it
- • Sees the physical body as gross and is disgusted by open sexuality. If she is sexually active, uses it to abuse and control others
- • More likely to punish others when they are real (and thus vulnerable) than when they are deceptive, and thus teaches her path to others
- • Teaches anything that spreads fear and causes separation as thatt makes people easier to control
- • Uses her manipulative skills to keep people weak, confused, scared and dependent on her
- • Encourages addiction in others as such things make them easier to control
- • Recognises darkness in others because she has it in herself, and uses it to control them
- • Feels that the only real value comes from the control you have over others
- • Self-centered, she sees others only as they are helpful to her
- • She takes great pleasure in hurting them in both subtle and obvious ways
- • Obsessed with details, she cannot see the big picture
- • Terrified of her emotions and deeper pieces, she avoids anything creative and passionate. She only expresses herself destructively
- • A manipulator herself, she is still easily manipulated by others who see her fears and inner darkness and use this to steer her
Like all shadow-side B level LPAs, she is terrified of the heart, attacks it, and seeks to destroy anything heart-centered.
Like all shadow-side B level LPAs, she causes others to be more like herself, either intentionally or as a result of her out-of-control process.
Like all shadow-side B level LPAs, she is caught up in the surface, only rarely noticing the fundamentals.
Last edited 2012.08.13