The explorer cares little for meditation and inner exploration. He wants to be "out there," climbing mountains, surfing, hiking thru jungles and exploring ancient runes. He is strong, attactive, and highly competent, able to survive and even thrive in any situation. Like all the LPAs, he seeks truth and self-awareness. He finds them most readily by doing, exploring, and experiencing. As a Track 1, he explores and expresses his passion with others and in the outer world.
Below you can find the light- and shadow-side characteristics of the A1m archetype.
- Level: A, discovering who you are
- Track: 1, exploring the outer world
- Ideal Partner: his ideal partner is the A1f - The Priestess
- Leads to: when fully encompassed, he moves to the B1M
- Example: James Bond, Indiana Jones, or MacGuyver
There's a whole world to explore. Get out there and see for yourself.
Think of James Bond, Indiana Jones or MacGuyver, the intrepid explorer and world traveler who can handle anything.
To fully encompass the light side of this archetype, it's necessary to encompass all of the items in this list and to be comfortable with all of the items in A1f. As you develop these items, all of the characteristics of the holy child must continue to grow stronger to provide a solid base for these.
- • Male
- • Very confident
- • Can handle any situation
- • Good with tools
- • Wise
- • Intelligent, but practical
- • Disciplined, focused, committed, hard-working
- • Moral, that is, he has a strong sense of what he sees as right and wrong and lives according to it.
- • Skilled in relationships (professional, family, and with lovers)
- • Balanced in physical, emotional, and mental and good at all of them
- • Includes an idea of spirit in everything. He seeks a higher purpose in life
- • Decides where to focus his energy, what to work on
- • Seeks to understand the inner workings of people, things, and processes
- • Has a deep understanding as a result
- • Sees the potential, not the past
- • Builds confidence in others
- • Very creative in work and play. May write, play music, make art.
- • Always seeking new skills/tools
- • Holds the attitude that he can do anything he sets his mind/heart to
- • Can easily translate ideas into action
- • Experiments, always trying new things
- • Not bound to any idea or philosophy, he easily changes when his experiments lead him to new ideas.
- • Sees each failure as an experience to learn and grow and is grateful for it
- • Magnetic and charming personality. People like him
- • Children and animals love him
- • Sexually confident and good with partners (both sexually and in relationships)
- • Encourages others
- • Teaches well. He can explain things at any level and is good with metaphors
- • Really cares about others
Think of a steroid-muscled bully, a cult leader, or an insecure, manipulative professor
The shadow side of this archetype can show any or all of the characteristics in the following list and all of those from still out-of-balance A0.
- • Is a bully
- • Insecure, he has trouble thinking for himself
- • Covers it by acting excessively competent
- • Often confused or desperate but deeply afraid to let that show
- • Clever, but sneaky, dishonest and often foolish or careless, irresponsible
- • Out of control he is a “dark dreamer” or “dark idealist.” That is he lives in his head and can’t bring his ideals into practice, and his ideas or obsessions focus on the shadow (someone out to get him, the world is an evil place, how to manipulate others…)
- • Impulsive and thus easily manipulated by those who understand him.
- • Two primary types, he will usually focus on developing his body and belittle things of the mind, or the reverse.
- • In relationships he is alternately clingy/submissive/needy or aggressively dominant and abusive (physically or verbally depending on his type)
- • No understanding of human emotions and no personal emotional control
- • Impulsive, driven, he can’t choose what to be upset about or where to focus his energy
- • Seeks mastery in some area, not for its own sake but in order to get approval
- • Seeks approval/fame in the eyes of his colleagues or followers or seeks to please
- • Only sees the surface of things, often judgemental
- • Haughty, supercilious covering a deep insecurity
- • Critical, he tears people down
- • Destructive, brutal, often cruel
- • Doesn’t need a reason for his cruelty. It is an automatic response
- • Feels helpless, victimized. It’s never his fault.
- • All ideas without practical implementation. If he acts, it will often be impulsive, a knee-jerk reaction to things he sees as out of his control.
- • Caught in old ideas, he can’t change
- • Terrified of failure and ridicule
- • Looks for criticism, finding it even when it’s not intended
- • Can’t ever accept even construct criticism, he sees it all as personal attack.
- • Drives people away. He will either be an obsessive loner or have a small group of completely devoted submissive people
- • Controlling and manipulative, he is constantly trying to limit others
- • He intimidates by using big words to make people feel stupid or by physical size, depending on his type.
- • He is only capable of thinking of himself
- • Considers himself “above” everyone and everything else, superior, above the law
- • Often an addict, either to obsessive or compulsive behaviours or to substances
- • Often aloof, he craves attention, but fears rejection and doesn’t understand emotions or relationships. The aloof is a way to insulate himself
- • Deeply submissive due to his insecurity. He is not dominant but will act as a dominant out of his fear and need to control, to protect himself
- • Often paranoid
- • Extremely possessive, he can’t share his things
- • Often an obsessive fear of being touched.
Last edited 2012.08.13