The priestess is a passionate believer. She has a core idea or set of ideas which she holds as absolutely true. Her intense devotion to what she believes in defines every part of her life. She is beautiful, gentle, kind and deeply aware of the world around her. As a Track 1, she explores and expresses her beliefs in her interactions with others and the outer world.
Below you can find the light- and shadow-side characteristics of the A1F archetype.
Think of Kuan Yin. In ancient China she was the bodhisattva (awakened one) associated with compassion. The name Guanyinmeans "Observing the Sounds (or Cries) of the World". She is deeply loved and honored throughout the Asian world. Einstein was also an A1f.
To fully encompass the light side of this archetype, it's necessary to encompass all of the items in this list and to be comfortable with all of the items in A1M. As you develop these items, all of the characteristics of the A0 must continue to grow stronger to provide a solid base for these.
- • Female
- • Has a deep belief in something. Without this belief she founders
- • Collector and keeper of knowledge
- • Always questing to learn and experience more
- • Comfortable with both the dark and light parts of herself
- • Balances the meta- and the physical in her life
- • Successful at both
- • Embodies much of the “divine feminine”
- • Has a healthy inner balance of the male and female energies
- • Helps others to grow in love and trust
- • Compassionate
- • Knowledgeable about the “laws of the universe”
- • Understand people and genuinely likes them
- • Encourages healthy family and group relationships
- • Understands people’s dreams, hopes, desires, fears and guides them.
- • Natural teacher, always guiding and sharing with others
- • Seems young, but is very wise, people are startled by her
- • Youthful, energetic, lively, pretty, maybe sexy
- • Emotional, expressive, and comfortable with emotions
- • Possible sexually active and comfortable with it
- • But sex is not a big motivator for her
- • Has resolved damage from childhood traumas
- • Helps others to do so
Think of the “queen bee” from your high school, the head cheerleader, the popular but super bitchy and cruel girl with her clique of followers. The Paris Hilton character in the movie, Pledge This! is a beautiful example.
The shadow side of this archetype can show any or all of the characteristics in the following list and all of those from still out-of-balance A0.
- • Female
- • Angry at being female
- • Aggressively sexist or afraid of men
- • Portrays or acts out more male attitudes, while dressing excessively “female”
- • Embodies the worst of both male and female energies.
- • Remembers only the things she can use to hurt or manipulate people
- • She senses or digs out others’ secrets and fears
- • Uses these to control and / or hurt
- • Constantly seeking approval
- • Deeply insecure, but acts super confident
- • Inside she is very “dark”
- • Outside she tries to appear as pure and “bright” as possible
- • Often called “evil,” embodies the worst of the female energies
- • Destroys love and trust in those she meets
- • The only rules that matter to her are hers
- • Promotes her self and her small group
- • Belittles or attempts to destroy other groups
- • Despises learning
- • Hyper-critical, bigot
- • Asexual but hyper-sexualized
- • Predatory, cruel, uses sex to control
- • Damaged and trapped by her childhood traumas
- • Usually a masochist. She appears to be a sadist in that she hurts others constantly. She doesn’t enjoy the hurting however. Rather she despises herself so completely she wants to destroy herself. Her vanity keeps her from it however so she directs it outward and hurts others.
- • She will often punish herself by excessive control of diet, exercise and other “socially acceptable” paths.
- • She despises herself so much that she cannot accept a compliment. If you compliment her, especially on her looks, she will decide you are either an idiot or a predator and will lose all respect for you. She only trusts those who insult her.
- • As a result of this last and her masochism, she’ll often end up in relationships where she is physically abused.
- • When she doesn’t get this, she will get increasingly cruel to her partner, attempting to provoke it. If he does not respond, her cruelty and aloofness will increase and the partner will become the (emotionally) abused.
- • Her attacks are precise and cruel, like a scalpel or cat’s claws.
- • Incapable of integrity
- • She can actually be friendly at times, when she feels self-confident. When her own hurt (self-loathing) is strong, however, she can’t stop herself from lashing out.
- • She longs to control/dominate, but only because she is afraid and because it gives her more people to hurt. She is actually very submissive but you would have to be very dominant and abusive to get her to show it.
- • She is emotional, a sensitive, but feels more than she can handle and so keeps a “frigid” control of her emotions. Will be called an “ice queen.”
Last edited 2012.08.13